Partners IMIEU https://imieu.eu/
Head of Membrane Technology and Deep Learning Laboratory,
FSL 206, Department of Mechanical Engineering,
IIT Madras, Chennai 600036, India.
Office Ph: 044-2257-4668
Mobile Ph: +91-7993683776
Office email: email@example.com
Alternate email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I was an ambitious, dreamt about being a businessman, at 21, then at 29 after wrapping up the business setting and getting millions of dollars and almost approved my green card then agenda of 2016 of World pact by India agreement, then now finally after multiple businesses, established in software field, hardware fabricated, pilot plant industries built and employed also as an Assistant Professor, as everybody said even when I was a graduate student including me by my mentors, like Prof. John A Rogers, the actual real alive human being who is BATMAN, SUPERMAN and ETERNALS (2021 movie) proven science of his human beings can live forever touching the UNIVERSE as limitless from wherever whenever by his UNPARALLEL science dream he had even at 55’s.
Now, finally a MAN accepted by me, at 35, as India finally said with India is developed country agreement, I could have my legal businesses in India, born here, brought up here, established businesses in India by India pact here, signed here when I am here, in 2019.
I had to finally smile when GODADDY website I had bought the domain and established my businesses unlike Sundar Pichai (Google boy) or no other late 40’s name rings in my head or even probably any seniors of any country including India and Indians. Ofcourse, when I was in College of Engineering, Guindy in 2004, after an year of college, my seniors and super seniors asked me what will be your introduction song now as we hum in college till date 2005.
I said the following song
Then after two years in 2007, the seniors asked now what is the introduction song that the next batch will hum. I said we already ensured and me including with my marketing way the following song. And the seniors agreed and shaked hand all seniors of Mechanical Engineering department and few seniors of other departments and they happily graduated and my batch too happily graduated.
And now at 2021 year when 35, I finally accepted I am a MAN to India to agree with a big agreement as India is developed country. I am a businessman as well and an Assistant Professor, as the research we do translates to businesses as well.
Now, if Prof. John A Rogers asks me as he is a superman, batman, eternals can make a human being touch the stars, galaxies, supernova, universe as well, as who are you, Vishal Nandigana, finally accepting now as a MAN, businessman, India is developed country agreement world pact made in India when I am in India, Indian citizen, my business industries in India and myself an Assistant Professor in India, then my answer quick now, as a MAN answer is,
I am happy to again meet Prof. John A Rogers later sometime in next few years to say the code is cracked, fixed, bugged out in a room space Artificial Intelligence new another matrix type math guy I am way. Prof. John A Rogers, well knowing I am MAN, Assistant Professor + Businessman, he smiles the BATMAN, SUPERMAN, ETERNALS he is and not just a Morpheus. I agree Prof. John A Rogers, you are a BATMAN, SUPERMAN, ETERNALS. Looking forward to this conversation now with him again post 2015, 2018.
Hobbies: Watching and playing Cricket, Watching F1 racing and going go Karting, Travels include Trekking, Mountain climbing, Sky Diving, Beaches, Art and Sculpture, High intense natural and people photographer
People inspired/favorites : Cricket Batsman and fielder - Mark Waugh
Cricket Bowler: Right hand fast Bowler - Dale Steyn,
Left hand fast Bowler - Alan Mullally
Film Personality/Director: Ben Affleck
PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Illinois, USA, July 2010 - May 2016, Grade: 3.94/4.00
Cross Fit Trainer, Sports Activity, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Illinois, USA, May 2015 - December 2015, Grade: 3.94/4.00
Guild, IMAX, Cinemas, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Illinois, USA, May 2015 - March 2016, Grade: 3.94/4.00
Music, Guitar, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Illinois, USA, June 2015 - December 2015, Grade: 3.94/4.00
Dance, Jazz, West Swing, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Illinois, USA, May 2012 - December 2012, Grade: 3.94/4.00
MS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Illinois, USA, July 2008 - June 2010, Grade: 3.95/4.00
BE, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University, Chennai, India, August 2004 - May 2008, Grade: 9.14/10.00
1. Sr. Imaging Scientist, Intel, Portland, Oregon, USA. 2016-2017
2. Visiting Assistant Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 2019
3. Assistant Professor Gr. II, Mechanical Engineering, Head of Membrane Technology and Deep Learning Laboratory, 2017-2021, IIT Madras, Chennai 600036, India
4. Psychology Discussion with Team India Cricket, 2017-2018, IIT Madras, Chennai 600036, India
5. Assistant Professor Gr. I, Mechanical Engineering, Head of Membrane Technology and Deep Learning Laboratory, 2021-Present, IIT Madras, Chennai 600036, India
IMAX GUILD CINEMAS EXPERIENCE
1. Collaboration with Pranayama Productions with the Founder and Professional Cameraman Scott Hilburn and his team of 40 crew, Co Director, Sound Engineer, Music composers, Art Director, Set Designers, Make up artists, Costume Designers, Food Preparation and Delivery crew, https://www.yelp.com/biz/pranayama-productions-urbana?osq=Video%2FFilm+Production along with Pulse Media, Boston, USA, https://www.pulse-media.com/ and https://bostonbroadcast.com/ for hiring actors/actresses Written Directed and Screenplay Writer for Dhaaranaa Independent English Movie in 2015-2016.
2. Media, Marketing, Content Acceptance, Quality Approvals of clean media content writing script, Shot description script visuals, Dialogues (English, Foreign languages) in text format and audio (.mp3) format, Quality approvals of Dhaaranaa Independent English Movie, from https://www.pulse-media.com/ and https://bostonbroadcast.com/ in 2015-2016.
Artificial Intelligence, Membrane Technology, Nanofluidics and Microfluidics, Human Electronics, Wireless Display, Product Making Computer (PMC)
1. Osmotic power generation system, V.V.R. Nandigana, Pramoda Kumar Nayak, Sivarama Krishnan, Sharad Kumar Yadav, G. Aswathy (World patent) KPMG TechnoCommercial Evaluation report rating: Low medium (3.13/5)
2. Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence for physical transport phenomenon in thermal management, V.V.R. Nandigana, D. Ananyananda, (World patent) KPMG TechnoCommercial Evaluation report rating: High (4.14/5)
3. System and method for interpreting real-data signals, V.V.R. Nandigana, (World patent), KPMG TechnoCommercial Evaluation report rating: High (4.22/5)
ME6120 - Flow and Thermal instabilities (elective) Jan - May 2021, 2022
ME5130 - Principles of Turbomachinery (elective) July - Nov 2020, 2021, 2022
ME1100 - Thermodynamics (core - Backlogs/Branch change) Jan - May 2020
ME3100 - Basic Thermal Engineering (core) Jan - May 2019
ME1100 - Thermodynamics (core) August - December 2018
ME6006 - Computational Heat and Fluid flow (elective) Jan - May 2018
1. IITM NFIG grant (2017-2019): Single ion transport in Graphene nanopore Rs. 5 Lakhs (Project Completed: Money Spent = 5 Lakhs)
2. IITM NFSC grant (2017-2020): Rapid Switching using nano logic circuit Rs. 30 Lakhs (Project Completed: Money Spent = 30 Lakhs)
3. Indo-US joint center grant (2017-2019): Nanoscale Transport and Biological Interfaces Rs. 50 Lakhs
4. MHRD STARS grant (2019-2022): Fundamental study of organic solvent transport in nanochannels for energy and environment applications Rs. 98.92 Lakhs - (Project Completed: Money Spent = ~ 30 Lakhs, Money Returned = ~ 68 Lakhs)
5. SERB CRG grant (2021-2024): Fundamental study of polar liquids inside slit-like nanochannels Rs. 70.38 Lakhs (Project Completed = ~ 4.14 Lakhs, Money Returned = ~ 66 Lakhs)
6. Support for Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of MSMEs (2020-2022): Blue FMa Rs. 15 Lakhs (Project Completed: Money Spent = 0, Money Returned = 15 Lakhs)
7. IOE Micro Nano Bio – Fluidics (2021-2026) - Rs 56094585.00
PI: Prof. Ashis Kumar Sen, other Professors and I am Co-PI.
8. RFT-Micro-Nano Systems - Department seed grant - Rs 56 Lakhs 2023-2024 PI: Prof. Sarit Kumar Das, other Professors and I am Co-PI.
PhD - 2 (Graduated)
MS - 0
M-Tech - 1 (Graduated)
DD/B-Tech Students - 12 - 15 (Interned)
DEPARTMENT ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. TA committee - Jan-May, 2021
2. PhD Comprehensive Question paper setting
2018 (Vector Calculus), 2020 (Probability and Statistics)
3. PhD recruitment committee - 2017, 2021, June 2022, Nov 2022
4. B.Tech/DualDegree thesis evaluation - 2017
5. Department assigned duty of Campus News Coordinator - July 2022 - July 2023
INSTITUTE INVITED TALKS
1. "AI Software for deep learning for engineering applications", Invited talk, The U R Rao Satellite Centre, formerly ISRO, HAL Airport Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka, March 2020.
2. “How much does the microfluidic reservoir influence the nanofluidic transport? models, simulations and experiments”, for AICTE Sponsored Short Term Course on Nanofluidics: Theory, Computation and
3. “Nanofluidic transport and its applications using 2D materials”, for AICTE Sponsored Short Term Course on Nanofluidics: Theory, Computation and Applications, 2019.
4. "Artificial Intelligence for Engineering and Life Design", Invited talk, GITAM (Deemed to be) UNIVERSITY, Hyderabad, Telangana, 2019.
5. "Natural signals to real text Intelligence learning", Invited Lunch talk, Dubai, UAE, December 2018.
6. "Nanochannels, nanofluidics, microchannels, microfluidics", SRM Institute of Science and Technology (SRMIST), Kattankulathur, Tamilnadu, 2018.
7. "New paradigms for computational science in energy, health and water research", Short term QIP/CEP course, IIT Madras, Chennai, November 2017.
8. “Ion transport in nanofluidic channels”, for Short term QIP/CEP course, IIT Madras, Chennai, November 2017.
9. “Liquid based electronics for energy applications”, for Prof T. Pradeep Inter Department research group, Department of Chemistry, IIT Madras, Chennai, May 2017.
10. "Concentration polarization and electroconvective instability in micro-nanofluidic channels", Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, March 2017.
11. "Electro-osmotic and electroconvective instability in nanofluidic channels", Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Hyderabad, March 2017.
12. "Influence of external environment on fluid/ion transport in confined nanoscale systems", CDS Seminar Series, Department of Computational and Data Sciences, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, Karnataka, February 2017.
1. Invited International talk on blue energy, scalable nanopore, multi-scale pore membrane kW/sq.meter technology experiment set up and performance, Palermo, Italy, November 2019.
2. Virtual Online Meet of Members of Indian Representative in the European Union Initiation and development of European and global co-operation projects https://imieu.eu/ as a Professor of IIT Madras + Businessman partnership with INES Salinity Gradient Energy technology completed at Micro Nano System Building, IIT Madras, Chennai, India, 2022.
1. GATE exam, SASTRA Deemed University, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu, India, 2018.
1. Transportation In-charge, “Asian Symposium on Computational Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow (ASCHT2017)”, sixth symposium, IIT Madras, Chennai, December 2017.
INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS REVIEWER
Case Studies in Thermal Engineering - Impact Factor 6.8 - 2023 Trending
1. APS Membership, 2022 - 2023
1. L. Dillard, V.V.R. Nandigana, J. Gore, “Artificial Intelligence Application in Combustion Modeling”, AIAA SciTech Forum conference, Jan 2021, Virtual Online presentation.
2. A. Dasari, D. Somasundaram, V.V.R Nandigana, “Deep Learning for Engineering Problems”, Bulletin of the APS March Meeting, 65, 1, March 2–6, 2020, Denver, Colorado.
3. V. V. R. Nandigana and N. R. Aluru, “Chaos in nanopores”, APS March Meeting 2018, Los Angels, United States, March, 2018.
4. V. V. R. Nandigana, M Heiranian and N. R. Aluru, “Single ion transport with a single-layer graphene nanopore”, 19th International Conference on Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, Prague, Czech Republic, July 2017.
5. V.V. R. Nandigana and N. R. Aluru, “Characterization of electrochemical response of a hybrid micro-nanochannel system using computational impedance spectroscopy (CIS)”, 66th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, November 2013.
6. V.V.R. Nandigana and N. R. Aluru, “Fundamentals of Confined Fluids at Nanoscale”, PITTCON conference and expo, Orlando, USA, March 2012.
7. V. V. R. Nandigana and N. R. Aluru, “Reaction Kinetics in Micro/Nanofluidic Devices:Effect of Connement and AC Voltage“, 63rd Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Long Beach, California, USA, November 2010.
8. V. V. R. Nandigana and N. R. Aluru, “Effect of AC voltage on Catalytic reaction kinetics in Nanofluidic devices”, 37th National and 4th International Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India, 2010.
1. V.V.R Nandigana, N.R. Aluru, Concentration Polarization at Micro/Nanofluidic Interfaces Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology, 486-493, Springer, 2012.
2. J. Daniel, V.V.R Nandigana, B. Albert, I. Selvarsan, Evaluation of the significant renewable energy resources in India using Analytical Hierarchy Process, Multiple criteria decision making for sustainable energy and transportation systems, 13-26, Springer, 2010.
1. Prof. Rohit Karnik , Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA–Funded project collaboration.
2. Prof. Sandip Ghosal, Northwestern University, USA–Funded project collaboration.
3. Prof. N. R. Aluru, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA–Funded project collaboration.
4. Prof. N. Ghaffour, KAUST, Saudi Arabia,-Funded project collaboration.
5. Prof. Jay Gore, Purdue University, USA–Joint PhD student research collaboration.
6. Prof. Aleksandra Radenovic, EPFL, Switzerland–research collaboration.
7. Prof. Shaurya Prakash, Ohio State University, USA–research collaboration.
8. Prof. Vijitshwa Pandey, Oakland University, USA, research collaboration.
9. Prof. Z. S. Siwy, UC, Irvine, USA, research collaboration.
10. Prof. Aaron Timperman, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, research collaboration.
1. “Molecular reaction dynamics” Collection has published my work of “Overlimiting current near a nanochannel a new insight using molecular dynamics simulations” in dedicated Collection page here, where you can read all of the papers that are already published as part of the Collection.
2. Council member of Godaddy products, services, web hosting, and businesses, recommended Godaddy services from their IN Web Hosting Choice Factors requested survey completion, June 2022.
3. My work in molecular simulation journal, London, UK, Publication company journal on Noise in nanopores with MD demonstration resulted 274 views in 2020-21.
4. Certified Awardee with Team AIDesign in the twelfth cohort of the I-NCUBATE Program offered by The Gopalakrishnan-Deshpande Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Indian Institute of Technology Madras, December 2020.
5. Member of Indian Representative in the European Union Initiation and development of European and global co-operation projects
https://imieu.eu/ as a Prof of IIT Madras +Businessman partnership with INES Salinity Gradient Energy from India, 2019. India is a developed country from 2019.
6. Certified Awardee with Team Blue Fma in the cohort of the I-NCUBATE Program offered by The Gopalakrishnan-Deshpande Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Indian Institute of Technology Madras, November 2019.
7. Nominated for best PhD dissertation award, Mechanical Science and Engineering, UIUC, 2017.
8. Certified Awardee, for the Independent cinema Dhaaranaa, partnership with Pulse Media, Boston, USA, https://www.pulse-media.com/ and school of music, UIUC graduates music album industries, by The Writers Guild of America, West, Inc. USA, 2016.
9. Certified Awarded as Independent Director from Writers Guild of America, West, Inc. USA, 2016, Writers Guild of America certified minimum 10+ years experience Independent Directors, Sound Engineer, Editor of music and sound recordings, UIUC school verified facts of Certified Awarded as Independent Director from Writers Guild of America, West, Inc. USA, 2016.
10. Certified Awarded as Screenplay writer and Screenplay format limit knowledge from Writers Guild of America, West, Inc. USA, 2016, Writers Guild of America certified minimum 10+ years experience Independent Directors, Sound Engineer, Editor of music and sound recordings, UIUC school verified facts of Certified Awarded as Independent Director from Writers Guild of America, West, Inc. USA, 2016.
11. 33 news releases published my work on nanopower generators which was published in Nature journal, 2016.
12. My work on nanofluidic diode got selected as Analytical Chemistry cover article, July 21, 2015.
13. Certified in OpenFOAM foundation and Advanced Course, organized by OpenCFD Limited, 2014.
14. Graduate Research or Teaching Assistantship (RTA), due to academic merit to pursue M.S in Mechanical Science and Engineering in UIUC, August 2008.
15. Best outgoing student award in B.E program of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, India, 2008.
16. Best senior thesis award, Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, India, 2008.
17. First place in Design and second prize in Innovation in the inaugural edition of SAE-Bajaj India off-road Bajaj vehicle competition, 2007.
18. Marketing Secretary, won college student elections, College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, India, 2007.
My Business Industry
AIDesign Private Limited (Incorporated February 2020 - present)
BlueFMA Private Limited (Incorporated February 2020 - present)
Godaddy bought Domain (https://bluefma.today)
EMPLOYEES IN BUSINESS INDUSTRIES
AIDESIGN PVT LTD
34 Employees having 2 Directors, 16 Trainee Engineers, 16 Project Staff
8 Employees having 2 Directors, 4 Legal Advisors and Computer Chairperson and Computer Technical Executive
Founder and Co Founder
Computer Chairperson and Computer Technical Executive
1. Prof. N. Ghaffour, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
2. Pieter Hack, Zevenbergen, North Brabant, Netherlands
BUSINESS TRIPS ATTENTED
1. Personal Lunch, Dinner and Plant visit at Amsterdam, Netherlands, with Pieter Hack, founder / shareholder / Chairman of the Board of REDstack, Blue Energy, Nov 2019.
2. Virtual Online Talk and contract appointment letter visit to KAUST, Saudi Arabia, Prof. Noreddine, to set AIDesign and Blue FMa, industries in KAUST, Saudi Arabia, Jan 2020.
MEDIA NEWS ABOUT ME
This IIT Madras prof's AI tech can convert brain signals of the speech-impaired into English, published in news dailies like The Hindu, TOI, The Economic Times, The New Indian Express, DT Next, and other popular Indian national newspapers and magazines, February 2020.
IIT-Madras researchers develop AI software to engineering problems, published in news dailies like The New Indian Express, The Hindu, DT Next, TOI, and other popular Indian national newspapers and magazines, October 2019.
IIT Madras researchers are creating 'blue energy' from the meeting point of salt water and fresh water in estuaries, published in news dailies like DT Next, TOI, India Today, The Economic times, Hindustan Times, and other popular Indian national newspapers and magazines, August 2019.
OFFICE WORK VIEWS AND MARKS FOR NOVEMBER 2023
BAR CHART VIEWS FROM JANUARY 2023 TO NOVEMBER 2023