Assistant Professor Gr 1.
Head of Membrane Technology and Deep Learning Laboratory,
CFD Laboratory, FSL Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering
IIT Madras, Chennai 600036
Ph: 04422574668, 7993683776
PhD: UIUC, USA, 2016 (3.94/4.00)
MS: UIUC, USA, 2010 (3.95/4.00)
BE: COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, GUINDY, ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI, INDIA, 2008 (9.14/10.00)
1. Sr. Imaging Scientist, Intel, Portland, Oregon, USA. 2016-2017
2. Visiting Assistant Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 2019
3. One year postdoctoral fellowship, KAUST, Saudi Arabia, 2020 (Deferred due to COVID 19 pandemic)
4. Assistant Professor Gr. II, Mechanical Engineering, Head of Membrane Technology and Deep Learning Laboratory, 2017-2021, IIT Madras, Chennai 600036, India
5. Assistant Professor Gr. I, Mechanical Engineering, Head of Membrane Technology and Deep Learning Laboratory, 2021-Present, IIT Madras, Chennai 600036, India
1. Osmotic power generation system, V.V.R. Nandigana, Pramoda Kumar Nayak, Sivarama Krishnan, Sharad Kumar Yadav, G. Aswathy (World patent) KPMG TechnoCommercial Evaluation report rating: Low medium (3.13/5)
2. Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence for physical transport phenomenon in thermal management, V.V.R. Nandigana, D. Ananyananda, (World patent) KPMG TechnoCommercial Evaluation report rating: High (4.14/5)
3. System and method for interpreting real-data signals, V.V.R. Nandigana, (World patent), KPMG TechnoCommercial Evaluation report rating: High (4.22/5)
1. V.V.R Nandigana, N.R. Aluru, Concentration Polarization at Micro/Nanofluidic Interfaces Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology, 486-493, Springer, 2012.
2. J. Daniel, V.V.R Nandigana, B. Albert, I. Selvarsan, Evaluation of the significant renewable energy resources in India using Analytical Hierarchy Process, Multiple criteria decision making for sustainable energy and transportation systems, 13-26, Springer, 2010.
1. L. Dillard, V.V.R. Nandigana, J. Gore, “Artificial Intelligence Application in Combustion Modeling”, AIAA SciTech Forum conference, Jan 2021, Virtual Online presentation.
2. A. Dasari, D. Somasundaram, V.V.R Nandigana, “Deep Learning for Engineering Problems”, Bulletin of the APS March Meeting, 65, 1, March 2–6, 2020, Denver, Colorado.
3. V. V. R. Nandigana, M Heiranian and N. R. Aluru, “Single ion transport with a single-layer graphene nanopore”, 19th International Conference on Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, Prgaue, Czech Republic, July 2017.
4. V.V. R. Nandigana and N. R. Aluru, “Characterization of electrochemical response of a hybrid micro-nanochannel system using computational impedance spectroscopy (CIS)”, 66th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, November 2013.
5. V.V.R. Nandigana and N. R. Aluru, “Fundamentals of Confined Fluids at Nanoscale”, PITTCON conference and expo, Orlando, USA, March 2012.
6. V. V. R. Nandigana and N. R. Aluru, “Reaction Kinetics in Micro/Nanofluidic Devices:Effect of Connement and AC Voltage“, 63rd Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Long Beach, California, USA, November 2010.
7. V. V. R. Nandigana and N. R. Aluru, “Effect of AC voltage on Catalytic reaction kinetics in Nanofluidic devices”, 37th National and 4th International Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India, 2010.
MY PARENT INDUSTRY
My Business Industries inside symbolforall
1. Prof. Rohit Karnik , Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA–Funded project collaboration.
2. Prof. Sandip Ghosal, Northwestern University, USA–Funded project collaboration.
3. Prof. N. R. Aluru, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA–Funded project collaboration.
4. Prof. N. Ghaffour, KAUST, Saudi Arabia,-Funded project collaboration.
5. Prof. Jay Gore, Purdue University, USA–Joint PhD student research collaboration.
6. Prof. Aleksandra Radenovic, EPFL, Switzerland–research collaboration.
7. Prof. Shaurya Prakash, Ohio State University, USA–research collaboration.
8. Prof. Vijitshwa Pandey, Oakland University, USA, research collaboration.
9. Prof. Z. S. Siwy, UC, Irvine, USA, research collaboration.
10. Prof. Aaron Timperman, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, research collaboration.
1. Prof. N. Ghaffour, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
2. Pieter Hack, Zevenbergen, North Brabant, Netherlands
BUSINESS TRIPS ATTENTED
1. Personal Lunch, Dinner and Plant visit at Amsterdam, Netherlands, with Pieter Hack, founder / shareholder / Chairman of the Board of REDstack, Blue Energy, Nov 2019.
2. Virtual Online Talk and contract appointment letter visit to KAUST, Saudi Arabia, Prof. Noreddine, to set AIDesign and Blue FMa, industries in KAUST, Saudi Arabia, Jan 2020.
1. IITM NFIG grant (2017-2019): Single ion transport in Graphene nanopore Rs. 5 Lakhs
2. IITM NFSC grant (2017-2020): Rapid Switching using nano logic circuit Rs. 30 Lakhs
3. Indo-US joint center grant (2017-2019): Nanoscale Transport and Biological Interfaces Rs. 50 Lakhs
4. MHRD STARS grant (2019-2022): Fundamental study of organic solvent transport in nanochannels for energy and environment applications Rs. 98.92 Lakhs
5. SERB CRG EXPONENTIAL TECHNOLOGY GRANT (2021-2024): Fundamental study of polar liquids inside slit-like nanochannels Rs. 70.38 Lakhs
6. Support for Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of MSMEs (2020-2022): Blue FMa Rs. 15 Lakhs
7. Center for Micro Nano Bio-Fluidics, CMNBF (2020-Present): Rs. 4 crores
1. Sharad Kumar Yadav, Nanofluidic transport in single-layer MoS2 device, 2018 - till date
2. Manikandan D, Numerical electrokinetic phenomena in micro/nanofluidic interconnect devices, 2017 - till date
1. Onkar Patil, Numerical modeling of low frequency noise in nanochannels/pores, MTech, 2019, Secured S grade in MTech thesis, Got placed in Cap Gemini, India, an AI/ML based company.
1. Summer/Co-op Interned ~ 12-15 students
Interned students - Ananyananda Dasari, at CMU pursuing PhD in https://www.meche.engineering.cmu.edu/faculty/aipex.html
EMPLOYEES IN BUSINESS INDUSTRIES AIDESIGN PVT LTD
Software Engineers – 15 with Take home work from home office salary Rs 20,000/month
MEDIA NEWS ABOUT ME
This IIT Madras prof's AI tech can convert brain signals of the speech-impaired into English, published in news dailies like The Hindu, TOI, The Economic Times, The New Indian Express, DT Next, and other popular Indian national newspapers and magazines, February 2020.
IIT-Madras researchers develop AI software to engineering problems, published in news dailies like The New Indian Express, The Hindu, DT Next, TOI, and other popular Indian national newspapers and magazines, October 2019.
IIT Madras researchers are creating 'blue energy' from the meeting point of salt water and fresh water in estuaries, published in news dailies like DT Next, TOI, India Today, The Economic times, Hindustan Times, and other popular Indian national newspapers and magazines, August 2019.
Nominated for best PhD dissertation award, Mechanical Science and Engineering, UIUC, 2017.
Certified in OpenFOAM foundation and Advanced Course, organized by OpenCFD Limited, 2014.
Graduate Research or Teaching Assistantship (RTA), due to academic merit to pursue M.S in Mechanical Science and Engineering in UIUC, August 2008.
Best outgoing student award in B.E program of Mechanical Engineering, Anna University, India, Dec. 2008.
Best senior thesis award, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Anna University, India, Dec. 2008.
First place in Design and second prize in Innovation in the inaugural edition of SAE-Bajaj India off-road Bajaj vehicle competition, 2007.
July-August 2021 (Marks)
August 31st 2021 to September 4th 2021 1:53 pm, IST, India Time Downloads and 88 marks, TOP performing site. 4 days downloads and marks nanocomputer work .pptx in Czech Republic Prague Intl MNBF conf is a NOBLE PRIZE WOW FOR ME
September - October 2021