Head of Membrane Technology and Deep Learning Laboratory,
CFD Laboratory, FSL Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering
IIT Madras, Chennai 600036, India
Ph: 04422574668, 7993683776
PhD: UIUC, USA, 2016 (3.94/4.00)
MS: UIUC, USA, 2010 (3.95/4.00)
BE: COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, GUINDY, ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI, INDIA, 2008 (9.14/10.00)
I was an ambitious, dreamt about being a businessman, at 21, then at 29 after wrapping up the business setting and getting millions of dollars and almost approved my green card then agenda of 2016 of World pact by India agreement, then now finally after 7 World RANK 1 multiple businesses established, completed, fabricated, pilot plant industries built, software industry proven in world and in India as 7 industries World Rank 1 businessman and an Assistant Professor, as everybody said even when I was a graduate student including me by my mentors, like Prof. John A Rogers, the actual real alive human being who is BATMAN, SUPERMAN and ETERNALS (2021 movie) proven science of his human beings can live forever touching the UNIVERSE as limitless from wherever whenever by his UNPARALLEL science dream he had even at 55’s.
Now, finally a MAN accepted by me, at 35, as India finally said with India is developed country agreement, I could have my legal businesses in India, born here, brought up here, established my WORLD RANK 1 seven businesses in India by India pact here, signed here when I am here, in 2019.
I had to finally smile when GODADDY website I had bought the domain and established my WORLD RANK 1 businesses unlike Sundar Pichai (Google boy) or no other late 40’s name rings in my head or even probably any seniors of any country including India and Indians. Ofcourse, when I was in College of Engineering, Guindy in 2004, after an year of college, my seniors and super seniors asked me what will be your introduction song now as we hum in college till date 2005.
I said the following song
Then after two years in 2007, the seniors asked now what is the introduction song that the next batch will hum. I said we already ensured and me including with my marketing way the following song. And the seniors agreed and shaked hand all seniors of Mechanical Engineering department and few seniors of other departments and they happily graduated and my batch too happily graduated.
And now at 35, I finally accepted I am a MAN to India to agree with a big agreement as India is developed country. I am a businessman as well and an Assistant Professor, as the research we do translates to businesses as well.
Now, if Prof. John A Rogers asks me as he is a superman, batman, eternals can make a human being touch the stars, galaxies, supernova, universe as well, as who are you, Vishal Nandigana, finally accepting now as a MAN, businessman, India is developed country agreement world pact made in India when I am in India, Indian citizen only, and Assistant Professor in India, and 7 business industries world rank 1, then my answer quick now, as a MAN answer is,
I am happy to again meet Prof. John A Rogers later sometime in next few years to say the code is cracked, fixed, bugged out in a room space Artificial Intelligence new another matrix type math guy I am way. Prof. John A Rogers, well knowing I am MAN, Assistant Professor + Businessman, World Rank 1 seven business industries of mine, he smiles the BATMAN, SUPERMAN, ETERNALS he is and not just a Morpheus. I agree Prof. John A Rogers, you are a BATMAN, SUPERMAN, ETERNALS. Looking forward to this conversation now with him again post 2015, 2018.
1. Sr. Imaging Scientist, Intel, Portland, Oregon, USA. 2016-2017
2. Visiting Assistant Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 2019
3. One year postdoctoral fellowship, KAUST, Saudi Arabia, 2020 (Deferred due to COVID 19 pandemic)
4. Assistant Professor Gr. II, Mechanical Engineering, Head of Membrane Technology and Deep Learning Laboratory, 2017-2021, IIT Madras, Chennai 600036, India
5. Assistant Professor Gr. I, Mechanical Engineering, Head of Membrane Technology and Deep Learning Laboratory, 2021-Present, IIT Madras, Chennai 600036, India
1. Osmotic power generation system, V.V.R. Nandigana, Pramoda Kumar Nayak, Sivarama Krishnan, Sharad Kumar Yadav, G. Aswathy (World patent) KPMG TechnoCommercial Evaluation report rating: Low medium (3.13/5)
2. Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence for physical transport phenomenon in thermal management, V.V.R. Nandigana, D. Ananyananda, (World patent) KPMG TechnoCommercial Evaluation report rating: High (4.14/5)
3. System and method for interpreting real-data signals, V.V.R. Nandigana, (World patent), KPMG TechnoCommercial Evaluation report rating: High (4.22/5)
1. V.V.R Nandigana, N.R. Aluru, Concentration Polarization at Micro/Nanofluidic Interfaces Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology, 486-493, Springer, 2012.
2. J. Daniel, V.V.R Nandigana, B. Albert, I. Selvarsan, Evaluation of the significant renewable energy resources in India using Analytical Hierarchy Process, Multiple criteria decision making for sustainable energy and transportation systems, 13-26, Springer, 2010.
1. L. Dillard, V.V.R. Nandigana, J. Gore, “Artificial Intelligence Application in Combustion Modeling”, AIAA SciTech Forum conference, Jan 2021, Virtual Online presentation.
2. A. Dasari, D. Somasundaram, V.V.R Nandigana, “Deep Learning for Engineering Problems”, Bulletin of the APS March Meeting, 65, 1, March 2–6, 2020, Denver, Colorado.
3. V. V. R. Nandigana and N. R. Aluru, “Chaos in nanopores”, APS March Meeting 2018, Los Angels, United States, March, 2018.
4. V. V. R. Nandigana, M Heiranian and N. R. Aluru, “Single ion transport with a single-layer graphene nanopore”, 19th International Conference on Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, Prgaue, Czech Republic, July 2017.
5. V.V. R. Nandigana and N. R. Aluru, “Characterization of electrochemical response of a hybrid micro-nanochannel system using computational impedance spectroscopy (CIS)”, 66th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, November 2013.
6. V.V.R. Nandigana and N. R. Aluru, “Fundamentals of Confined Fluids at Nanoscale”, PITTCON conference and expo, Orlando, USA, March 2012.
7. V. V. R. Nandigana and N. R. Aluru, “Reaction Kinetics in Micro/Nanofluidic Devices:Effect of Connement and AC Voltage“, 63rd Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Long Beach, California, USA, November 2010.
8. V. V. R. Nandigana and N. R. Aluru, “Effect of AC voltage on Catalytic reaction kinetics in Nanofluidic devices”, 37th National and 4th International Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India, 2010.
MY PARENT INDUSTRY
My Business Industries inside symbolforall
1. Prof. Rohit Karnik , Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA–Funded project collaboration.
2. Prof. Sandip Ghosal, Northwestern University, USA–Funded project collaboration.
3. Prof. N. R. Aluru, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA–Funded project collaboration.
4. Prof. N. Ghaffour, KAUST, Saudi Arabia,-Funded project collaboration.
5. Prof. Jay Gore, Purdue University, USA–Joint PhD student research collaboration.
6. Prof. Aleksandra Radenovic, EPFL, Switzerland–research collaboration.
7. Prof. Shaurya Prakash, Ohio State University, USA–research collaboration.
8. Prof. Vijitshwa Pandey, Oakland University, USA, research collaboration.
9. Prof. Z. S. Siwy, UC, Irvine, USA, research collaboration.
10. Prof. Aaron Timperman, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, research collaboration.
1. Invited International talk on blue energy, scalable nanopore, multi-scale pore membrane kW/sq.meter technology experiment set up and performance, Palermo, Italy, November 2019.
1. Prof. N. Ghaffour, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
2. Pieter Hack, Zevenbergen, North Brabant, Netherlands
BUSINESS TRIPS ATTENTED
1. Personal Lunch, Dinner and Plant visit at Amsterdam, Netherlands, with Pieter Hack, founder / shareholder / Chairman of the Board of REDstack, Blue Energy, Nov 2019.
2. Virtual Online Talk and contract appointment letter visit to KAUST, Saudi Arabia, Prof. Noreddine, to set AIDesign and Blue FMa, industries in KAUST, Saudi Arabia, Jan 2020.
1. IITM NFIG grant (2017-2019): Single ion transport in Graphene nanopore Rs. 5 Lakhs
2. IITM NFSC grant (2017-2020): Rapid Switching using nano logic circuit Rs. 30 Lakhs
3. Indo-US joint center grant (2017-2019): Nanoscale Transport and Biological Interfaces Rs. 50 Lakhs
4. MHRD STARS grant (2019-2022): Fundamental study of organic solvent transport in nanochannels for energy and environment applications Rs. 98.92 Lakhs
5. SERB CRG EXPONENTIAL TECHNOLOGY GRANT (2021-2024): Fundamental study of polar liquids inside slit-like nanochannels Rs. 70.38 Lakhs
6. Support for Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of MSMEs (2020-2022): Blue FMa Rs. 15 Lakhs
7. Center for Micro Nano Bio-Fluidics, CMNBF (2020-Present): Rs. 4 crores
1. Sharad Kumar Yadav, Nanofluidic transport in single-layer MoS2 device, 2018 - till date, 30% of PhD thesis completed, 70% work handled by Co-Guide Dr. Pramoda Kumar Nayak with help and suggestions by me.
2. Manikandan D, Non-linear electrokinetic flow and ion
transport near/in the nanofluidic devices:Insights using molecular dynamics
simulations, 2017 - till date, PhD Thesis - Submitted, Defense seminar by December 2021.
1. Onkar Patil, Numerical modeling of low frequency noise in nanochannels/pores, MTech, 2019, Secured S grade in MTech thesis, Got placed in Cap Gemini, India, an AI/ML based company.
1. Safwan, Vishnu M, DD thesis, 2021-2022
2. Summer/Co-op Interned ~ 12-15 students, 2017-2021
Interned students - Ananyananda Dasari, at CMU pursuing PhD in https://www.meche.engineering.cmu.edu/faculty/aipex.html
EMPLOYEES IN BUSINESS INDUSTRIES AIDESIGN PVT LTD
Software Engineers – 15 with Take home work from home office salary Rs 20,000/month
MEDIA NEWS ABOUT ME
This IIT Madras prof's AI tech can convert brain signals of the speech-impaired into English, published in news dailies like The Hindu, TOI, The Economic Times, The New Indian Express, DT Next, and other popular Indian national newspapers and magazines, February 2020.
IIT-Madras researchers develop AI software to engineering problems, published in news dailies like The New Indian Express, The Hindu, DT Next, TOI, and other popular Indian national newspapers and magazines, October 2019.
IIT Madras researchers are creating 'blue energy' from the meeting point of salt water and fresh water in estuaries, published in news dailies like DT Next, TOI, India Today, The Economic times, Hindustan Times, and other popular Indian national newspapers and magazines, August 2019.
1. My work in molecular simulation journal, London, UK, Publication company journal on Noise in nanopores with MD demonstration resulted 274 views in 2020-21.
2. Certified Awardee with Team AIDesign in the twelfth cohort of the I-NCUBATE Program offered by The Gopalakrishnan-Deshpande Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Indian Institute of Technology Madras, December 2020.
3. Member of Indian Representative in the European Union Initiation and development of European and global co-operation projects
https://imieu.eu/ as a Prof of IIT Madras +Businessman partnership with INES Salinity Gradient Energy from India, 2019. India is a developed country from 2019.
4. Certified Awardee with Team Blue Fma in the cohort of the I-NCUBATE Program offered by The Gopalakrishnan-Deshpande Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Indian Institute of Technology Madras, November 2019.
5. Nominated for best PhD dissertation award, Mechanical Science and Engineering, UIUC, 2017.
6. Certified Awardee, for the Independent cinema Dhaaranaa, partnership with Pulse Media, Boston, USA, https://www.pulse-media.com/ and school of music, UIUC graduates music album industries, by The Writers Guild of America, West, Inc. USA, 2016.
7. 33 news releases published my work on nanopower generators which was published in Nature journal, 2016.
8. My work on nanofluidic diode got selected as Analytical Chemistry cover article, July 21, 2015.
9. Certified in OpenFOAM foundation and Advanced Course, organized by OpenCFD Limited, 2014.
10. Two 1 - graduate credit courses, Dance - courses, UIUC, http://catalog.illinois.edu/courses-of-instruction/danc/ on Jazz Technique and West Swing Technique in Hip - Hip culture form of dance, 2012.
11. Graduate Research or Teaching Assistantship (RTA), due to academic merit to pursue M.S in Mechanical Science and Engineering in UIUC, August 2008.
12. Best outgoing student award in B.E program of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, India, 2008.
13. Best senior thesis award, Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, India, 2008.
14. First place in Design and second prize in Innovation in the inaugural edition of SAE-Bajaj India off-road Bajaj vehicle competition, 2007.
15. Tamil Nadu Professional Courses Entrance Examination, (TNPCEE), State Rank 310, 2004.
16. Class XII - 1161/1200, Computer Science Branch, Vana Vani Matriculation Higher Secondary School, 2004.
17. Calss XII - School Magazine Secretary, Vana Vani Matriculation Higher Secondary School, 2004.
18. Class XI - School First Rank, Computer Science Branch, Vana Vani Matriculation Higher Secondary School, 2003.
19. Class X - Lions Club Best Outing Student Award, Kendriya Vidyalaya IIT Chennai, CBSE Board, 2002.
20. Class X - School Fifth Rank, Kendriya Vidyalaya IIT Chennai, CBSE Board, 2002.
21. Class IV - X: School House Captain, Prefect, Vice Captain, Kendriya Vidyalaya IIT Chennai, CBSE Board, 2002-1995.
22. Class IX - Class First Rank, Kendriya Vidyalaya IIT Chennai, CBSE Board, 2001.
23. Certified Two month Course on Programming in BASIC, Vana Vani Computer Center, IIT Madras, India, June 2000.
COURSES TAKEN DURING MS AT UIUC
ME 471: FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS (CREDIT: 4 HOURS)
ME 410: INTERMEDIATE GAS DYNAMICS (CREDIT: 4 HOURS)
CS 450: NUMERICAL ANALYSIS (CREDIT: 4 HOURS)
ME 598: MESHLESS AND PARTICLE METHODS, (CREDIT: 4 HOURS)
TAM 532: VISCOUS FLOW (CREDIT: 4 HOURS)
ATMS 502: NUMERICAL FLUID DYNAMICS (CREDIT: 4 HOURS)
COURSES TAKEN DURING PHD AT UIUC
CHBE 551: CHEMICAL KINETICS AND CATALYSIS (CREDIT: 4 HOURS)
NPRE 498: ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEMS (CREDIT: 4 HOURS)
TAM 541: MATHEMATICAL METHODS I (CREDIT: 4 HOURS)
TAM 542: MATHEMATICAL METHODS II (CREDIT: 4 HOURS)
TAM 536: INSTABILITY AND TRANSITION (CREDIT: 4 HOURS)
PHYS 510: NONLINEAR DYNAMICS (CREDIT: 4 HOURS)
COURSES TAUGHT AT UIUC
TAM 335 - Introductory Fluid Mechanics (CREDIT: 4 HOURS) FALL 2014
TA Lab Instructor
ME6120 - Flow and Thermal instabilities (elective) Jan - May 2021
ME5130 - Principles of Turbomachinery (elective) July - Nov 2020, 2021 (End Semester exam - Completed)
ME1100 - Thermodynamics (core - Backlogs/Branch change) Jan - May 2020
ME3100 - Basic Thermal Engineering (core) Jan - May 2019
ME1100 - Thermodynamics (core) August - December 2018
ME6006 - Computational Heat and Fluid flow (elective) Jan - May 2018
COURSES TO BE OFFERED
ME6120 - Flow and Thermal instabilities (elective) Jan - May 2022
DEPARTMENT ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. TA committee - Jan-May, 2021
2. PhD Comprehensive Question paper setting
2018 (Vector Calculus), 2020 (Probability and Statistics)
3. PhD recruitment committee - 2017
4. B.Tech/DualDegree thesis evaluation - 2017
INSTITUTE INVITED TALKS
1. “How much does the microfluidic reservoir influence the nanofluidic transport? models, simulations and experiments”, for AICTE Sponsored Short Term Course on Nanofluidics: Theory, Computation and
2. “Nanofluidic transport and its applications using 2D materials”, for AICTE Sponsored Short Term Course on Nanofluidics: Theory, Computation and Applications, 2019.
3. “Ion transport in nanofluidic channels”, for Short term QIP/CEP course, IIT Madras, Chennai, Nov 2017.
4. “Liquid based electronics for energy applications”, for Prof T. Pradeep Inter Department research group, Department of Chemistry, IIT Madras, Chennai, May. 2017.
1. GATE exam, SASTRA Deemed University, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu, India, 2018.
1. Mechanism for electrode - electrode kinetics transfer of KCl transport for scalable nanopower generator to Mega Watt power storage facility, electrochemistry research till 2022.
2. Low and high dimensional fidelity time dynamics visualization with theoretical matching till 2022.
July-August 2021 (Marks)
August 31st 2021 to September 4th 2021 1:53 pm, IST, India Time Downloads and 88 marks, TOP performing site. 4 days downloads and marks nanocomputer work .pptx in Czech Republic Prague Intl MNBF conf is a NOBLE PRIZE WOW FOR ME
September - October 2021